Delicious Lychee Muffin
Makes 12 regular muffins
2 C all-purpose flour
1 tbs baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1 C milk
1/4 C vegetable oil
1/2 C packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 C finely chopped lychees
1/4 C melted butter
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
2. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk, oil, brown sugar and vanilla until smooth.
3. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
4. Into each greased muffin cup, spoon 1 teaspoon butter, 1 teaspoon of brown sugar and 1 heaping tablespoon of lychees.
5. Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full with batter.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes in 175°C (350°F) oven.